if you are looking for a real Australian experience and to truly immerse yourself in Australian culture and lifestyle, then this is the program for you!
the agricultural internship program is for people who are keen to experience Australia and support their travels around the country by participating in one of the position on a farm/rural environment. the program commences with a 5 day course at a jillaroo and jackaroo school in NSW.
admission is all year round.
the benefits of this program are enormous. it offers you the chance to travel to every state of Australia and fund your trip of a lifetime at the same time. you will meet many other travellers with similar enthusiasm and zest for life as yourself. you may often find yourself living with Australian family on a farm and so truly experiencing the Aussie way of life! as long as you prepared to participate in any agricultural experience and keep an open mind.
who can participate?
- must be between 18 and 30 years old
- have a good level of conversational english
- be responsible, mature and enthusiastic
- it is not compulsory, but have a driving license in your home country plus an international driving license will work to your advantage
Maximum length of the program is 12 months unless you are the holder of a visa that allows you to stay longer legally.
If you are coming on 416 special program visa then we guarantee the experience for the duration of the visa.
We will also guarantee a minimum of 20 hours per week for the duration of the visa. The 20 hours per week on average only. This means an average of 20 hours per week over the duration of the visa length. So for example, you maybe required to participate 40 hours one week but only 10 hours the following week. So this means that you have done a total of 50 hours over two weeks which is average of 25 hours per week, thus satisfying our guarantee of 20 hours per week.
What to expect?
- Guaranteed agricultural placement on a farm within one or your requested fields.
- A list of farms to contact about other agricultural programs.
- Airport pick-up
- Discounted travel rates around Australia
- Maps and information on different areas of Australia
- Stipend will normally vary from AU $7 - $20 per hour depending on qualifications.