Turn what could be three to four average months of a vacation into a once-in-a-lifetime chance to live in and understand the United States, to make lifelong friends and valuable contacts.
Work and Travel Program provides unique opportunities for students seeking to gain cultural experience/exposure while working in the field of hospitality related courses (HRM, Culinary Arts, etc.) or business in USA.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college / university or a state-organized institution of post-secondary education in the Philippines. Students in their final year of studies are generally not eligible for this program.
- Be from 18 to 30 years old
- Be able to function in an English-speaking work environment with at least an intermediate level of English.
- Have a minimum of $1500 available in order to support yourself upon arrival in the United States.
- Be able to prove that you will return home at the end of the program by showing ties in the Philippines.
- A paid secured position prior to arrival in the United States
- Documentation processing assistance
- DS2019 (through our J-1 visa sponsor designated by the U.S. Department of State)
- Interview and Visa interview coaching
- The opportunity to improve your English language
- The possibility to get a second job!
- The chance to make new friends – from the US and around the world.
- Time to travel at the end of the program
- Housing assistance (company housing or housing leads)
- Participant handbook that contains all information to prepare you for the program
- An 24/7 emergency assistance while in the United States
- Health and Travel Insurance
- Access to tax refund services that will assist you in filing your taxes and help you in reclaiming any portion of the taxes paid in the U.S. due to you.
- The experience of a lifetime!